Saturday, April 23, 2011

100 years from now...

One hundred years from now,
It won't matter what car I drove,
What kind of house I lived in,
How much I had in my bank account,
Nor what my clothes looked like;
But, the world may be a little better
Because I was important in the life of a child.
                       -------Anonymous--------

I love this "poem"/thought.  We know we'll never be rich monetarily, in this field, but oh, watching a child take steps forward in their development is so worth it!  We had an excellent week today.  I had a FULL house on Friday.  There was a completely different set of dynamics and it went so wonderfully well!  (Not that I wasn't tired...but it was a pleasant tired).  And to hear those conversations, the peer teaching and the obvious steps forward in development "made my day" and reminded me...this is what I'm in this field for.  Hope you all have days like I had that remind us about the important things in life...like being important in the life of a child.

Here's another "thought" for you!
The ABC's of Children
Amazing
    Acknowledge them!
Believable
    Trust them!
Childlike
    Allow them!
Divine
    Honor them!
Energetic
    Nourish them!
Fallible
   Embrace them!
Gifts
   Treasure them!
Here now
    Be with them!
Innocent
    Delight with them!
Joyful
    Appreciate them!
Kindhearted
    Learn from them!
Lovable
    Cherish them!
Magical
    Fly with them!
Noble
    Esteem them!
Open-minded
    Respect them!
Precious
    Value them!
Questioners
    Encourage them!
Resourceful
    Support them!
Spontaneous
    Enjoy them!
Talented
    Believe in them!
Unique
    Affirm them!
Vulnerable
    Protect them!
Whole
    Recognize them!
Xtra special
    Celebrate them!
Yearning
    Notice them!
Zany
    Laugh with them!

------author unknown-----

No comments:

Post a Comment