Friday, August 12, 2011

Yummy Eggs!

Oh boy. Full moon...kids and dog alike are effected.  Seems like there is so much more arguing and general loudness today instead of the happy easy going children that are typically around here.  My boys tend to be more effected for some reason...or maybe just because I'm with them 24/7 that I see the minute differences in their behavior. Anyone else notice behavior changes in accordance to the moon? 

Anyway...back to the topic.
For those that know me, I'm not that much of a creative cook. I don't mind cooking but it's coming up with the meal components that I don't care for.  I'm always on the lookout for easy, kid friendly meal ideas for my kiddos here at Play 'n' Learn Family Child Care and Preschool.  Since we've taken the "no corn syrup pledge" that has limited quite a bit of what we use to have for meals and snacks.  So any ideas...pass them on!  It doesn't often work well to prepare something that requires me to be at the stove stirring, etc.  Too many times something happens that requires my attention (baby's hungry and so on).  During the summer, most days we can be flexible and have a little more time for food prep but during the school year I have about 15 minutes.  So...any ideas would be lovely! 

Thanks to an individual that submitted a very easy and yummy egg recipe to our 2011 Klaty Cookbook.  It's going to be our new child-care favorite I can see.  Number one, it's very easy for me to fix quickly, number 2, the kids loved it and number 3...it's a whole lot easier to clean up then some of the other egg dishes we've done.  I made a few extra to see what they'd taste like cold.  I'm going to guess, pretty good.

Break one egg into each section of a muffin tin (as many as you want).  Sprinkle with salt/pepper, add one tsp of cream, and sprinkle with cheese and bacon (or whatever meat you desire).  Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.  I did mine in stoneware so it took a bit longer to firm up those eggs.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment