This next Monday/Wednesday we'll start with Henri Matisse and then the following week we'll move to Georgia O'Keeffe. Should be interesting!
2) To gain the knowledge that there are many forms of art.
4) And to explore with their own art creations.
What? I said critique? Yes. What I mean is for children to look at a piece of work and ask/answer questions about it. To notice the details and even form an opinion. Here are some questions and comments that we can start with.
* What kind of art is this? (painting, sculpture, photograph, drawing, etc)
* Tell me about what you see.
* Tell me how it makes you feel.
* Tell me how you think the artist was feeling when they made this piece of art.
* Tell me about the shapes that are in the art work.
* Tell me about the lines that are in the art work.
* Tell me about the colors that are in the art work.