Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Zoo Books

Books are a big part of our program but you wouldn't know it by what I post!  I find that I very seldom mention the books we use.  Here are some we used or had available during our zoo theme.  I have this in an excel document with an opinion next to each book but it's a little difficult in a blog to transfer all that information.  If you are interested in my opinion just send me a message with your email and I'll send the document to you.  Remember there are many more books out there.  Make use of your local library system.  Many times they can interlibrary loan (free of charge) a book they do not have on their shelves.  Prior to working at the center for a school year I was diligent in inputting our library books into an excel spreadsheet.  I did it to keep track since I was checking out MANY books.  (Now that I have gotten out of habit I'm "supporting the library" by paying fines...which adds up quickly when you check out as many as I do!)  Anyway, I had started adding an "opinion" and that worked out great for the next time I was looking for books for a particular theme or concept. Because it was in excel I could find out which books I checked out frequently and  then I'd know what to purchase.  Might be beneficial for you also. 


TitleAuthor
1,2, 3 To the Zoo Eric Carle
A Trip to the ZooKaren Wallace
Alligator Alphabet Stella Blackstone
Animal Dads Sneed B. Collard III
Babar's Counting BookLaurent De Brunhoff
Bendon Bear and the Wild AnimalsISBN 1-932209-32-8 
Caps For SaleEsphyr Slobodkina
Corduroy booksDon Freeman 
Counting Crocodiles Judy Sierra
Curious George booksH.A. Rey's
Dancing Feet! Lindsey Craig 
ElmerDavid McKee
Giraffes Can't Dance Giles Andreae 
Good Night GorillaPeggy Rathmann
Handa's SurpriseEileen Browne
Have You Seen the Crocodile?Colin West
Hug Jez Alborough
I Spry ABCVivian French
If You're Happy and You Know it! ISBN 1-57755-442-6 
Jamberry Bruce Degan 
Life-Size Zoo Teruyuki Komiya 
Little Monkey Lost Keith DuQuette
Llama Llama books Anna Dewdney 
My Heart Is LIke a Zoo Michael Hallanimals
Never, EVER Shout in a ZooKarma Wilson
Panda Bear Panda Bear, What Do You See? Bill Martin Jr
Penguins, Penguins, Everywhere! Bob Barner
Safari FriendsISBN 158117276-1
Seven Little Hippos Mike Thaler 
Skidamarink: The "I Love You" Jacqueline East
Ten Apples Up On Top Dr. Seuss
Ten in the Bed Penny Dale
The Chimpanzees of HappytownGiles Andreae 
The Escape of Marvin the ApeCaralyn and Mark Buehner
The GrumpalumpSarah Hayes
The Lady With the Alligator PurseNadine Bernard Westcott
The Nose Book by Al Perkins
The Selfish CrocodileFaustin Charles
The Usborne Book of Baby Animals
There's a Hole in My PocketAkimi Gibson
Tiger Can't Sleep S.J. Fore 
Underwear! Mary Elise Monsell
Walking Through the JungleJulie Lacome
We All Went on SafariLaurie Krebs 
Welcome to the ZooAlison Jay 
Will We Miss them? Endangered SpeciesAlexandra Wright
Zoo Animals At Your FingertipsJudy Nayer 

No comments:

Post a Comment