Thursday, September 15, 2011

L is for...

L is for Llama!
Each week, as we focus on a letter, we plan to do a letter paper craft like the one above.  At this point I believe I'll use the suggestions at www.abctwiggles.com where the L is for Llama pattern came from.  I plan to bind them together in a book after we do each capital letter.  It's a nice little review of sticks and curves, letter formation, and the sound it makes. 

L is for Lunch!

Shape Monster
Shape monster, shape monster
Munch, munch, munch.
How about a(n) orange oval for your lunch. 

Last verse:
Shape monster, shape monster
Munch, munch, munch.
Hope you enjoyed your shape lunch!

We just slipped this little rhyme into our week.  Initially I planned to have read Lion's Lunch but I was unable to get the book from the library so we didn't.  But it is a cute little chant that the children pick up quickly and seem to enjoy.  I do not know where I got this pattern and chant from.  If anyone knows, please let me know so I can give them credit.  Thanks.  I colored and printed the monster and shapes, laminated and put a piece of velcro (hook side) on the back so it would stick to the flannel board.  Actually, I've always used felt or magnet for these type of things and this is the first time I've actually used velcro, though I've heard about it for years.  Well, I'll tell you what...velcro works VERY nicely! 

Busy day today so I'll stop with those couple of activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment